Hi from Almaty. Sorry for the lack of updates but we don’t have internet at the apartment. We found out where we could go for wifi but it’s really hard to get there with a 10 month old! I’ve added posts below for each day we’ve been here.
YAY!!! I am just catching up now! You and Jake look SO HAPPY! I just cannot wait to be in your position, hopefully next weekend. We'll see. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. Best of luck on the plane! You'll be great! ;-)
Abby, I am so happy to see pictures, you are staying in the same apartment I stayed in with Finley. I'm not sure if you know but right across from Tsum, the Moka Loka has free wireless internet. Also we had dial up in that apartment and you can buy an internet card on the first floor of Tsum.
Not sure if you have ventured out to eat, but there is a great Italian Restaurant Mama Mia, that is one block of the pedestrian walk where Tsum is. Email me if you want some tips, we were there a few weeks so we really got out and about.
Hi Abby! Getting caught up, to see you are in Almaty. Congrats on being reunited with your son--what a cutie--we're so happy for you! It brings back lots of great memories. We had the "blow-out" diaper issues with Adelyn too--it went on for a couple weeks. Partly stress, partly change in schedule and diet. Have a safe flight home. When you get home and settled, maybe we can get together so our little Kaz cuties can meet! Let me know if I can help in anyway when you return too!
Abby, Jake is such a cutie..You both look so happy in the pictures. Not being able to sleep is the worst! I had one trip where I just could not sleep at all. It really wears on you after a while. It sounds like Jake is a good sleeper, which is a wonderful thing. Hope you get some rest soon, and happy travels! Jamie
Welcome to motherhood, Abs! Lots of things are harder with a 10-month old - but it's totally worth it. And soon, it will seem perfectly normal to have a couple of diapers and an extra binky in your purse even when you don't have Jake with you. Can't wait to see him in person!
Congratulations Abby! What wonderful pictures! And sleep deprivation- yikes. When you get home try to keep him up so he gets on US time- we would wipe the kids faces with washcloths until a reasonable time to keep them awake- otherwise they wake up in the middle of hte night ready to start the day!
You'r almost there- and soon we wil have another US citizen!
11 comments:
YAY!!! I am just catching up now! You and Jake look SO HAPPY! I just cannot wait to be in your position, hopefully next weekend. We'll see. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. Best of luck on the plane! You'll be great! ;-)
Andrea
Wow, he got even cuter!
I have to agree with Rachel. He got cuter. Glad you went on the picnic.
Love
Mom & Dad
Abby,
I am so happy to see pictures, you are staying in the same apartment I stayed in with Finley. I'm not sure if you know but right across from Tsum, the Moka Loka has free wireless internet. Also we had dial up in that apartment and you can buy an internet card on the first floor of Tsum.
Not sure if you have ventured out to eat, but there is a great Italian Restaurant Mama Mia, that is one block of the pedestrian walk where Tsum is. Email me if you want some tips, we were there a few weeks so we really got out and about.
I'm hoping you get to come home soon.
Sandi
So glad you made it to the internet cafe your updates are way more interesting than mine. I LOVE the new pictures. He is a doll.
Ruth
Hi Abby! Getting caught up, to see you are in Almaty. Congrats on being reunited with your son--what a cutie--we're so happy for you! It brings back lots of great memories. We had the "blow-out" diaper issues with Adelyn too--it went on for a couple weeks. Partly stress, partly change in schedule and diet. Have a safe flight home. When you get home and settled, maybe we can get together so our little Kaz cuties can meet! Let me know if I can help in anyway when you return too!
Fawn
Abby, Jake is such a cutie..You both look so happy in the pictures. Not being able to sleep is the worst! I had one trip where I just could not sleep at all. It really wears on you after a while. It sounds like Jake is a good sleeper, which is a wonderful thing. Hope you get some rest soon, and happy travels! Jamie
Hey, I'm catching up here. Jake is adorable!!! I bet you hear this all the time, but he looks just like you.
The picnic looked like a lot of fun. What a terrfic idea.
Take care, all my best, Susan
Wow! He looks so much cuter (better hair and clothes) and VERY happy. Just a few more days until you come home. Can't wait.
Love,
Nay
Welcome to motherhood, Abs! Lots of things are harder with a 10-month old - but it's totally worth it. And soon, it will seem perfectly normal to have a couple of diapers and an extra binky in your purse even when you don't have Jake with you. Can't wait to see him in person!
Congratulations Abby! What wonderful pictures! And sleep deprivation- yikes. When you get home try to keep him up so he gets on US time- we would wipe the kids faces with washcloths until a reasonable time to keep them awake- otherwise they wake up in the middle of hte night ready to start the day!
You'r almost there- and soon we wil have another US citizen!
Post a Comment