Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bonding Day 9

I think the medicine is starting to work. Jake had little bit more energy today. The stacking cups continue to be his favorite toy but he really liked the ball I bought for him yesterday in Ken Baba Park. I also got him in the Snugli for the first time and he didn’t seem to mind it (something new to chew on). He’s such an easy going baby and doesn’t really fuss all that much except when he wants to be held (and you know I don’t mind doing that). Towards the end of our time he was clearly very tired and so we “marched” (i.e., I held him and walked around).

He seems to have a limited repertoire when it comes to clothing. He was back in the blue and white striped top again today with the green shorts he had on the first day we met him. Knowing my friends and family (and me for that matter) he’ll have too much to wear when he gets home.

Today was my sister’s last visit with Jake because she leaves for Almaty in the morning. I think Jake’s really going to miss her (I know I will). We had lunch at Mozzarella (which is one of our favorite places) again and then headed home to hang out and get her packed. Here are some new pictures and a little bit of video (it's harder than it looks to record a video and play ball at the same time!):









6 comments:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

When I was visiting with Griffin, 75% of the time he wore little girl clothes. In fact, one day, they dressed him up as a little strawberry (a girl's red/green romper.) No kidding! I'll pull out those photos when he turns 16!

Michelle and Glenn said...

Brandon had about four outfits as well. We used to take bets on which one he would be in...

I think I remember the fried noodle dish being call busso. Michelle and I loved it and it was one of our favorite meals. Not to mention they have Sigma Brau on draft there!

LaTonya said...

Oh, you know just between you and me (before we even get to your sisters and your mom), Jake'll be stylin' and profilin' when he gets home. You know I can't wait to buy him his first pair of Converse sneakers!

Sandee said...

Love the video. Just like a boy - knock everything down and then bang it on the floor. Just wait until he figures out throwing! :-)

JoJo and Anna said...

Abby,
OMG!! I just saw that you are there for your son! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! He is absoulutely adorable...and he does look so much like you! Wow!!
I am so excited for you...
You both look so happy...well worth the wait!
CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!
Safe travels...
JoAnn

Jamie said...

He just gets cuter every time I look at his picture. I am sure it will be a huge adjustment having your sister leave.Luckily, you are now oriented and settled in the town, which will make it easier to be by yourself. Rich was just horrified at some of the outfits Bo was dressed in. Pink pajamas with a very frilly girly tourquoise blue bonnet. Enjoy... Jamie