Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Waiting Is Still Hard To Do

It has now been three months since my dossier arrived at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kaz and the waiting hasn’t gotten any easier – boy do I wish it would. I know there are highs and there are lows in the adoption process and right now I’m in a low. It’s so frustrating not knowing what is going on (did I mention before I’m a “yes” or “no” kind of gal and that “maybe” just drives me crazy?). Also, there are a lot of changes going on with Kaz adoptions like the rumored new dossier process* and agencies having to be Hague accredited (which fortunately my agency is) which makes everything feel so much less certain. Hopefully this funk will pass quickly.


*I haven’t heard anything official I’ve just seen comments about the new process online which say that all dossiers have to go through the DC Embassy so those agencies that were going through the NY Consulate now need to register with the Embassy and that the Embassy will only accept 2 dossiers per agency per month.

3 comments:

Roz said...

grandmotherDon't be discouraged. Everything will work out. Sometimes it takes a little longer than we like.

Mom

Joby and Marla said...

Hey, My agency told me it was now taking 90 days at the MFA instead of 60. So you should be hearing something soon.
It looks like I will have to wait another month.

Marla

JoJo and Anna said...

Hang in there Abby! This waiting stuff sucks...but you are not alone! You will have your sweet girl home soon!