
For the last couple of years I have gone on cruises with one of my sisters, her husband and her two teenaged (as of this year they are both teens!) kids (one girl, one boy). Last year it was a Mediterranean cruise and the year before was Eastern Caribbean. We always have a blast. Sadly I am missing this year’s cruise through the Panama Canal (they left on Sunday) hopefully I’ll at least get a postcard – I’m not sure though because normally I’m the one who sends them out.
I can't really say I didn’t make it this year because of the adoption. The issue is is August is my company’s fiscal quarter end and I just couldn’t take the time off. In fact I haven’t had a real vacation since last year’s cruise – this was because of the adoption. Since I didn’t know how quickly (or slowly as it has turned out) the process would be I was saving up my vacation days only taking one here or there so that I didn’t lose any time. Since things are moving slowly I’ll have to see if I can find something fun to do but it won’t be as good as the cruise or spending time with my sister and her family (the live in a different state so I don’t get to see them that often).
On the home improvement front I’ve made some progress. I finally finished painting one of the bedrooms (it only took one coat of primer and two coats of paint – UGH!). I finished removing the last of the tape this evening. I think I need to do just a little bit of touch up and then I can start moving the furniture back in. I also made a trip to Home Depot to buy some shelves for the closet. It will be interesting to see if I can figure out how to put them in myself.
I can't really say I didn’t make it this year because of the adoption. The issue is is August is my company’s fiscal quarter end and I just couldn’t take the time off. In fact I haven’t had a real vacation since last year’s cruise – this was because of the adoption. Since I didn’t know how quickly (or slowly as it has turned out) the process would be I was saving up my vacation days only taking one here or there so that I didn’t lose any time. Since things are moving slowly I’ll have to see if I can find something fun to do but it won’t be as good as the cruise or spending time with my sister and her family (the live in a different state so I don’t get to see them that often).
On the home improvement front I’ve made some progress. I finally finished painting one of the bedrooms (it only took one coat of primer and two coats of paint – UGH!). I finished removing the last of the tape this evening. I think I need to do just a little bit of touch up and then I can start moving the furniture back in. I also made a trip to Home Depot to buy some shelves for the closet. It will be interesting to see if I can figure out how to put them in myself.
2 comments:
Abby,
It will all be so worth missing the crusie! Maybe you can fit in a quick trip to the beach...I know the feeling though...I have been saving all my leave too...not knowing when the call may come...I hope you are taking pictures soon of the room...can't wait to see more! :-)
I can completely relate, I don't want to take off any time at work, and yet everyone at work leaves early, takes vacation, calls in sick and I am just waiting and saving--because deep down I know it will be worth it in the end!
Post a Comment