Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bonding

Sorry for the lack of updates. It’s taken us a little while to get our bearings in Shymkent and we’ve had some technical challenges but I think we’re close to getting it all worked out.

We got here Monday morning and dropped our stuff off at the apartment, changed and then we were off to the Ministry of Education. After answering some questions we got the proper form and were on to the Baby House. There I met a beautiful little boy. He has brown hair and big brown eyes. He has a Russian name that I have a hard time pronouncing but that means ‘gift from God’ or ‘divine gift.’ I’m still deciding on names so for now he’s going by the niblet. The Baby House Director said she thought he looked like me. We only got to spend 10-15 minutes with the baby and then we headed back to the apartment to try to catch up on our sleep.

Tuesday afternoon we were back to the Baby House for our first day of bonding with the niblet. He is a really active little guy – his little belly crawl is just the cutest thing. He loves the crab rattle I brought and really enjoyed playing with the stacking cups. He’s a really easy going baby, loves to look around at everything and is not fussy at all.

We went back Wednesday for our second day of bonding. It was really hot today so we decided to take a little walk outside. I’m not sure whether or not the niblet has actually been outside before but he was looking around at everything trying to take it all in.

As soon as we've figured out the technical stuff I'll post some pictures and hopefully some video so you can see him in action.

8 comments:

LaTonya said...

I actually teared up reading this. I'm so happy for you I can't even put it into words. Give the niblet a kiss from his Aunt Latonya.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Yeah!!!!! I've got goosebumps reading your post. I'm thrilled for you. Being a single mom to a little Kaz boy, I can assure you that little boys love their mama and love to snuggle! Get ready for trains, cars and balls. I'm just so thrilled for you. I can't wait to see photos. More later, Susan

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Can't wait for photos.

redhead18 said...

Abs,

I am very happy and excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures.

Shelly

lsh said...

I'm so happy for you! I have tears.

Sandee said...

Abby - I'm so excited for you!! I hope your little man is healthy and that the folks in Kaz crossed all their "t"s and dotted their "i". Can't wait to see some pictures of the niblet!

Unknown said...

WOW! This is the post I have been waiting for. I'm so thrilled for you. How old is he??????????

Trish and Miller said...

Awesome!